Friday, February 20, 2009

C's Perspective on the Chris Brown/ Rihanna Situation

Photobucket

This situation with Chris Brown and Rihanna has been going on for almost two weeks now. I didn't feel it was my place to say anything but since a pic was leaked via TMZ displaying Rihanna's abuse I thought I'd say a little something.

First, I'm not going to post the picture because that's a picture that should have been kept in confidence. People, from the very beginning have just been so eager to give their piece on the whole situation; Rihanna should not have provoked him, Chris Brown needs to go to jail, etc... Sides were taken but what really has me puzzled is everybody's instant boycott of Chris Brown's music.

Call me insensitive or what not but I do not mix an artist's ability to produce good music with the downfall of his/her personal life. I need an example to compare this with so that some of you can see where I'm coming from. Look at Michael Jackson and that whole situation with the children, most likely something happened with them but he was acquitted and we all went back to listening to his music because it's great music. Now not everyone likes Chris Brown's music but I love it, especially since he dropped that minimal r&b and broadened his sound to more than just one genre.

Besides, this whole situation is no one's damn business. Of course we should sympathize or empathize with Rihanna because of it being domestic violence but trying to put someone in their grave for something that has absolutely nothing to do with yourself is a bit ridiculous.

My final words are yes, what Chris Brown did is not proper at all but I'm not connected personally to neither of them nor the situation so I have no reason to be carrying on like he hit my family member or friend. When it's something that personal between two people then I say leave it alone and let their families and friends and the court sort it out. I will continue to post Chris Brown's music on this blog and if you don't like it just close your eyes as you pass the post.