Thursday, February 19, 2009

Greatness in the form of a Guy Named K'naan

Photobucket

Here is a little bit of background info on K'naan:
Knaan is a poet and hip-hop artist from Somalia. Born in Mogadishu, at age 13 he left for New York City with his mother and brother and finally settled in Rexdale, Ontario, Canada.

In 2001 K’naan performed in Geneva at the 50th anniversary of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.

Man where do i start with this one? I first heard K'naan's music at the end of Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay. I was hooked on to "In the Beginning" instantly. For a long time I listened to him not knowing him as the artist he is until my friend Jasmine (shout out to Jazzy) brought him to my attention last year. Now he's all over MTV n such, getting ready to release his latest effort Troubador. His music is spectacular, so real, so easy to listen to... just pure excellence. I have four songs for you all to listen to, three of them from his latest album Troubador. Remember the album drops next TUESDAY THE 24TH OF FEBRUARY. BUY IT!

♫K'naan: